Wednesday, June 17, 2015

S'Mores! Using downloads from outstide SU!

Hello everyone!  Well, I finally did it. I finally purchase some downloads from another company besides Stampin' Up!  Yikes!  But, I wanted to give it a try and see how hard it would be to add digital content to MDS.  Well, I am happy to report that it was super easy! I stared by buying a couple of downloads from a place called "the LILYPAD"  This site seems to have a lot of digital content from a variety of designers.  They have a list of freebies that I started with.  I didn't want to spend money before I was sure I could make it work.  Once I downloaded a couple of the freebies I added a couple of the Kits I had in my "wish list".  I was very simple to do and I followed the directions give my My Memories, they have a video tutorial as well as step by step pictures.  I followed the steps in my MMS (My Memories suite)  software just as they described, and once that worked just fine, I did the same with my MDS Software.  I still have both on my computer and I think that I will continue to work in MDS for the time being since I am used to their features and MDS has a few features that MMS does not.  That being said Tami Hewlett, one of my co-demos on the MDS Monday blog, has been in contact with the people at My Memories and they have indicated that they are going to add some of the features that us MDS users have come to love into the My Memories software.  So far the people at My Memories have been super helpful and very accommodating with us Stampin' Up! people and I think this is going to be the beginning of a really good partnership.  They seem to see the opportunities that a whole group of Stampin' Up! customers can bring.   Stampin' Up! has indicated that they are going to sell a select group of Stampin' Up! images through My Memories, so that is good news too!! And they have added some of the print products that we love too, like individual pages and swatchbooks. I am relived to here all this wonderful news since I was so sad that Stampin' Up! was discontinuing the MDS line.

Here is the sketch...
I hope that you will use the sketch to make a fun page.  And, if you do, perhaps you would like to share it with me, I would love to see it.  You can post it on my Facebook page.  













The S'more download is called "Luv U Smore" and it can be found here.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment