Monday, May 12, 2014

MDS Monday # 66 - Shaped Cards

I have to admit, I haven't done a lot of shaped cards using MDS. I haven't mastered my Cameo Silhouette E-cutter yet either.  So when Heidi came up with this weeks challenge I was a bit worried I wouldn't get it done!  I have had a busy few weeks and kept putting it off until just at the last minute on Saturday night I sat down to do it while my husband was watching TV.  I decided to not use the e-cutter and just do it by hand to show that anyone with a printer can make a shaped card.  I looked through my stamps to see what I wanted to use and I think that was the hardest part, there were just so many great stamps to choose from.   I love the cupcakes from the "Baking up Love" download, so I decided to give those a try.




First I added the cupcakes to the page and enlarged them to be full card size.  I then placed them on the page to be in the right spots so that I could fold them and cut them out.  Next I colored the areas that I was not going to fill in with Designer Series Paper.  I printed them out on Whisper White paper.  I added a score line just past the image, so that I could fold the card and still have the two sides attached when I cut them out.














You can see in this picture where I put the score line, if you have good eye sight :)

I then folded the card and cut the layers out together.







I then printed the images again onto Designer Series Paper.  I ended up not using this one, I thought it was a bit dark, but I forgot to snap a photo of the paler pink version.  You get the idea :)










































I hope that you will give this a try.  It is lots of fun.  I loved what the other team came up with, especially Heidi's Coffee Cup Card, great for Starbucks gift cards!  Head on over to the MDS Monday site and see everyone's creations.   Then, give it a try yourself! We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Baking up Love Download 





No comments:

Post a Comment