Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Progressive page finised

So on April 2nd I started a progressive page and then never finished it!!  SplitcoastStampers hosts a progressive challenge most months.  A progressive page challenge is where each week you add a new step to your page.  Well, I did step one, and then step two, but never finished.  Step two was to make a word bubble, which is really fun.  There are even online programs to help you do this.  I chose to make my own.  I used words that went with the event, and picked colors out of the background paper.  I stuck with the same font and size for each word, but you could change fonts, sizes, angles, and more.  Then the page ended up with only one photo and I wanted to add Jillian into t he page, so I extended my frame to fit two pictures.  In the end I did not quite follow the progressive challenge, but that's OK, I got a cute page out of it, and tried something new--the word bubble!! 
here is where my page started...

The frame was an embellishment from "hello there" digital kit.  I really liked the stitching around the frame.  I tried to just edit the frame by stretching it, but the stitching didn't work out because I was changing it to a rectangle from a square, so the center stitching got very long, while the ends stayed short.  I did not like how this looked so I decided to try to crop it into two halves, then stick them together.  This worked perfectly.  Here is how that worked...
I added the frame to the page...
I clicked the crop button...
This is the crop box...
I kept all but the end of the frame...
When my cropped frame was added to my page, I copied and pasted a second one to the page...
I clicked on the Mirror button to get the mirror image of the frame...
Then, I put the two ends together to get one rectangle frame.  You can use your align button to make sure they are just right. 
The papers on this page are from "Celebrate Easter" and the frame and label and heart are from "hello there" kit.  There are SO MANY great kits on sale right now!! Don't forget to take advantage of these great deals!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment