Thursday, September 6, 2012

Changing a pre-made Template

Stampin' Up! has some very talented Artisan on staff, so why not make use of their talent and knowledge of space planning?  When you buy digi kits, they often come with a pre-made page.  There are also some great photo book templates that I have bought for their papers and embellishments.  But, you can also think of the value in the template itself too.  I looked through my templates looking for a template that used just one photo, because I only had one photo of this day.   I found so many I liked and finally decided to use one from the Fan Fair photo book kit.  I changed the color on the frame with the recoloring tool.  I changed the papers that were in the punches, and swapped the doily for a snowflake in the top corner.  The journaling block was a darker ivory, I recolored it white, and I swapped the wrinkly kraft background for a wrinkly blue.  So, if your ever stuck on where to start with a page, think about looking through your templates for some inspiration.
Here is what the page looked like before I changed it up.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you got some inspiration from today's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment