Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Digital stamp with a watercolor wash

I love to print out my digital stamps to make cards.  This week I cut my 12 x 12 Kraft paper into 8 1/2 by 11 so that it could fit into my printer.  Then I printed out a page of stamps to color.































 I used my Aqua Painters and Baked Brown Sugar to color the images.  You can get really nice tones of deep color and also just a shadow, all with just the one color.

















I added Baked Brown Sugar and Old Olive to this one.



















I painted some others to use for later.












I hope that you give this a try.  The tone on tone color wash is really pretty and I think would be great on masculine cards.  Or maybe even enlarge the stamps even bigger and make a nice piece of art for your walls!
There are a lot of great digital stamps that would be great for this technique.  Take a look in the digital stamp library and find some great line art style stamps.
here are some that I think would work nicely...

No comments:

Post a Comment